Consolidated RIR IANA Stewardship Proposal Team (CRISP Team)
There is a requirement for the global number community to produce a single proposal to the IANA Stewardship Transition Coordination Group (ICG) in response to the RFP published on 3 September 2014. This process has begun with discussions of this topic in each of the 5 RIR regions, from which a single proposal will then be developed incorporating inputs from all of regions, and submitted by the deadline of 15 January 2015.
The Regional Internet Registries feel that we can accomplish this goal in the necessary timeframe through an adaptation of the existing Global Policy Development Process. This should be undertaken by a team specifically convened for this purpose with streamlined operating processes.
The proposed CRISP team will include 3 members from each region, including 2 community members and 1 RIR staff. At the LACNIC region the two community members are Esteban Lescano and Nico Scheper and from the LACNIC staff is Andres Piazza.
The Consolidated RIR IANA Stewardship Proposal Team (CRISP Team) is proposed for this purpose:
- The CRISP Team will integrate the input from each of the 5 RIR regions and finalize the initial RIR submission to the ICG, in response to the RFP. If there are subsequent revisions to be made to the RIR ICG submission, the CRISP Team will document the need for such changes and produce an updated ICG submission after global number community discussion of the necessary changes (on a global scope mailing list identified for this purpose.)
- The CRISP team will consist of 15 members, two appointees from each RIR region who shall not be RIR staff, and one RIR staff from each region who shall assist with the submission development effort. Each Regional Internet Registry shall appoint their CRISP team members by a method of its own choosing by November 15th 2014 as the latest.
- The CRISP team shall meet entirely via teleconference for its activities; these teleconferences will be open to the public who wish to listen to the CRISP Team discussions, and will be facilitated by the Regional Internet Registries.
- The CRISP team shall also work through a public mailing list and the archive of such mailing list will be publicly available. The name of the mailing list will be <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
- The results of each CRISP team meeting shall be published on the <email@example.com> mailing list and additionally by each RIR to its respective community. The CRISP team members from the region shall monitor and participate in the community discussion in their region regarding CRISP Team outputs.
- The CRISP Team shall select a Chair and Vice-Chair at its first meeting (who shall be community members appointed from different regions), and shall endeavor to work via "rough consensus" method as understood by the RIR community. Recognizing the need to produce a single RIR proposal to the ICG in a timely manner, the CRISP Team may proceed with any outcome given a supermajority approval of 8 out of 10 members, if rough consensus cannot be readily achieved. RIR staff are not voting members