2020 Customer Satisfaction Survey
Over the past two years, members of the Latin American and Caribbean Internet Addresses Registry (LACNIC) have increased their levels of satisfaction and loyalty. This follows from the research conducted by international consulting firm MERCOPLUS.
Likewise, general satisfaction with LACNIC has maintained a level of excellence across the various measurements that have been obtained since 2014.
- Ninety-eight percent of customers surveyed in 2020 were satisfied or very satisfied with LACNIC. Highlights of this year's survey include a 13% increase in the number of customers who are very satisfied with LACNIC – the highest level of approval grew from 68% in 2018 to 81% in 2020. In addition, the number of very dissatisfied customers decreased significantly until reaching 1% in 2020.
- Members who replied that they were very satisfied with LACNIC stressed the organization's quick response to their requests, their satisfaction with the responses they obtained when faced with a problem, good customer service, and a positive opinion of training activities and courses.
- The latest survey shows that eight out of ten respondents feel very satisfied with the LACNIC staff and point out their technical competence as well as their problem-solving abilities. They also value their clarity and friendliness.
- The assignment of IPv4, IPv6 and ASN resources, virtual training and Mi LACNIC are the products and services that members use the most. According to the survey conducted by MERCOPLUS, these services are the ones with the best ratio between the number of members who know about them and those who use them. It is also important to highlight that respondents who have used the products and services offered by LACNIC expressed a very high level of satisfaction with these products and services. In turn, the activities with the highest level of approval (between 99% and 100%) are in-person training activities, annual events and the Mi LACNIC app.
- The study notes a considerable increase in the percentage of customers who feel very satisfied with the communication channels offered by the organization. This percentage grew from 51% to 70% over the past two years. According to the survey, email remains the preferred means of communication between LACNIC and its members.
- The study observes that the percentage of highly satisfied customers is practically universal and includes respondents from different areas, different types of members, and persons serving in different positions within their organizations. In their spontaneous answers, respondents who said they feel “very satisfied” tend to identify LACNIC's communications as one of the organization's strongest points. Nevertheless, those who expressed lower levels of satisfaction believe that the organization should improve this aspect.
- High levels of loyalty among LACNIC customers have been accompanied by an increase in their level of satisfaction with LACNIC's service (93%) and a low rate of complaints or the intention to submit a complaint (over the past two years, the level of intention to submit a complaint decreased from 7% to 5%). Likewise, 97% of respondents said they were satisfied with the speed with which LACNIC had responded to their various queries or complaints. Finally, 94% replied that they were very satisfied or satisfied with how LACNIC had solved their query.
LACNIC thanks everyone for the comments and suggestions they included in the survey, as they will help us improve the quality of our services.