Registration for the second 2017 edition of the Course on BGP Basics and Introduction to RPKI is now open
The LACNIC Training Center announces that registration for the second 2017 edition of its BGP Basics and Introduction to RPKI course, which is set to begin on 8 November on the organization's e-learning platform (http://campus.lacnic.net/).
This on-line course will be presented in Spanish and participants will receive help from a learning assistant. It requires a dedication of approximately 6-10 hours a week and has a total workload of 60 hours. It has been designed for anyone interested in entering the world of the BGP protocol, autonomous system interconnection and Internet routing security, both the theoretical and hands-on practice. Participants should have solid knowledge of IP networks and internal routing protocols.
After completing this course, participants will:
- Understand the concept of Autonomous System and the differences between internal and external routing
- Understand how BGP works and why it was created
- Understand the importance of having a proper routing policy within the organization
- Learn basic BGP configuration
- Identify and analyze the data provided by BGP with the help of useful attributes and commands
- Understand the importance and scope of BGP filters
- Learn about Internet routing reliability and what measures can be used to avoid route hijacking
- Learn how the RPKI resource certification system works
- Identify and solve basic BGP issues
- Learn and implement recommended best practices for Internet routing
Students will complete six weeks of classes (theory), partial examinations and hands-on exercises, after which they must take a final (mandatory) examination. After finishing the course, LACNIC will present a certificate to each participant who passes the final examination.
For more information about how to register: http://bit.ly/2uBMyYd