Systems Administration Specialist
To administer and control the organization's central computer systems and services, permanently monitoring these systems to ensure the proper operation of LACNIC's connectivity services, databases, e-mail, customer service, as well as the services it offers the staff and the public in general.
- To help maintain the proper operation and availability of the various systems, information technologies and related services, as well as to deploy new services or more productive versions of the software or hardware platforms currently employed by the organization.
- To verify compliance with the backup policies for the critical information stored on the organization’s servers and on staff workstations.
- To research information technologies to identify solutions that will contribute to the organization's processes and propose enhancements.
- To maintain the consistency of user validation processes and access to the different services.
We are looking for technicians, advanced students or professionals in the fields of Information Technology and Telecommunications.
- Proficiency in English (required)
- Knowledge of Internet protocols and Systems Administration (required)
- At least three years of experience in positions involving similar responsibilities and functions
- Availability to travel
- Domiciled in Montevideo, Uruguay
- Innovation and creativity
- Customer oriented
The position offers:
LACNIC offers a competitive salary and an attractive benefits package.
The position reports to the Head of IT Operations.
This selection process will be facilitated by consultants Curbelo-Cianci, so applications should be addressed to them.
LACNIC is an equal opportunity employer; does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, nationality, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, sexual orientation, age or any other characteristic; and meets all applicable laws and regulations.