2018 Customer Satisfaction Survey
LACNIC has maintained a high level of customer satisfaction over the past four years, as shown by the latest study conducted by international consultants MERCOPLUS among LACNIC members who use the services of the Regional Internet Registry for Latin America and the Caribbean.
We would like to share with you some highlights of the survey’s results:
- 92% of customers are satisfied or very satisfied with LACNIC. General satisfaction levels with LACNIC have grown steadily over the different measurements that have been conducted (2014, 2016, 2018) and 70% of respondents are now very satisfied with LACNIC. Members’ willingness to recommend the organization is also in line with their level of satisfaction.
- Resource assignments (IPv4, IPv6, ASN) were rated very positively. Nine out of ten members replied that it is very easy or easy to request resources from LACNIC. Likewise, there was a considerable increase in the approval of resource application processing times, as 88% replied that these times are fast and fair.
- More than 9 out of 10 members noted they were satisfied with LACNIC's speed of response to their various queries or claims, and 88% said they were very satisfied with how LACNIC had replied to their query.
- Members expressed high levels of satisfaction with LACNIC staff: 92% of members highlighted the problem-solving abilities, technical skills and clarity of the LACNIC representatives they had interacted with.
- Increase in the use of the LACNIC website. In this latest edition of the survey, 94% of respondents noted they had visited the LACNIC website and expressed good levels of satisfaction. For the first time, members mentioned using the Mi LACNIC service as the main reason for visiting the website (35%). Members also highlighted the speed and content of LACNIC's website, although they mentioned the need to improve the visual design when connecting from different devices.
- The survey recorded a four-point increase in members’ satisfaction with the annual fee they pay for LACNIC resources and services (66% replied they are satisfied or very satisfied), a very positive figure considering that a new membership structure was introduced during the year.
- LACNIC members are aware of the services offered by the organization and are very satisfied with these products. Participation in online training activities (51%) has grown significantly in relation to the surveys conducted in 2014 and 2016. Members also expressed a high level of satisfaction (4.5 over 5) with this service.
LACNIC thanks everyone for the comments and suggestions they included in the survey, as they will help us improve the quality of our services.