LACNIC operates based on a self-regulation model according to which the rules (policies) governing Internet resource administration are developed by the regional community through a public, participative and transparent process that is open to anyone who wishes to take part in it and built on consensus.
Open participation of all stakeholders ensures that these policies are in line with regional interests, thus safeguarding the community as a whole. Before being presented at the forums to seek consensus, all proposals are submitted and discussed on the policy mailing list.
LAC-2016-4: Modify direct IPv6 address assignments to end users
LAC-2016-6: Modify the initial assignment size and the requirements for subsequent direct IPv6 assignments to end sites
Chairs of Policy Forum
- Juan Peirano, Uruguay (term expires in Public Policy Forum 2018)
- Alex Ojeda, Chile (term expires in Public Policy Forum 2017)
- Carlos Plasencia, Venezuela (2014 - 2016)
- Nicolás Antoniello, Uruguay (2009 - 2015)
- Max Larson Henry , Haití (2010 - 2014)
- Francisco Arias, Mexico (2008-2010)
- Eldert Louisa, Netherlands Antilles (2009 - Interim)
- Christian O'Flaherty, Argentina (2004-2008)