ASO Call for Nominations to 2024 ICANN NomCom
2 March 2023
The Address Supporting Organization Address Council (ASO AC) is pleased to call for nominations for candidates from the Internet Numbers Community to run for an open seat on the ICANN NomCom 2024 as delegate of the ASO.
The Nominating Committee (NomCom) is responsible for appointing a number of seats to the ICANN Board of Directors, the Public Technical Identifiers (PTI) Board, the At-Large Advisory Committee (ALAC), and the Councils of the Country Code Names Supporting Organization (ccNSO) and the Generic Names Supporting Organization (GNSO).
NomCom delegates act only on behalf of the interests of the global Internet community and within the scope of the ICANN mission and responsibilities assigned to the NomCom by the ICANN Bylaws; they do not act in furtherance of the group that appointed them to the NomCom.
The term for the elected delegate will be one year starting in the Annual General Meeting ICANN78 in October 2023.
Specific criteria and requirements regarding the NomCom composition and NomCom delegates are outlined in Article 8, Sections 8.2 and 8.4 of the ICANN Bylaws (https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/governance/bylaws-en/#article8).
Deadlines and Important Dates
The ASO AC will be responsible for the selection of the delegate based on the following timeline:
- Announcement of call for nominations for 2024 ICANN NomCom: Wednesday 1 March 2023
- Reminder call for nominations Monday 3 April 2023
- Nomination period ends: Tuesday 25 April 2023
- Evaluation of nominations by the ASO AC: Wednesday 3 to Wednesday 17 May 2023
- Voting period by the ASO AC: Thursday 18 to Wednesday 24 May 2023
- Results reported internally to the ASO AC Thursday 25 May 2023
- Announcement of selected delegate: around Friday 26 May 2023
Nominations should be sent to secretariat [at] aso [dot] icann [dot] org by 25 April 2023 at 23:59 UTC, along with answers to the following questions (all questions are mandatory).
- Have you read the time commitment for NomCom and are you willing to commit the time required to fulfill this role?
- Have you been part of a Nomination Committee in the past with ICANN or with any other organization?
- Please describe your involvement in your RIR community.
- Please describe your involvement in the ICANN community.
- Please briefly share why do you would like to join NomCom as the ASO-AC appointee.
Additionally, all candidates must provide their background in the Internet industry. A CV is not mandatory but recommended.
Find more info here