Nominations for representatives to the IANA Numbering Services Review Committee (RC) from LACNIC region
Dear LACNIC community:
Next, the application received for the position that will remain vacant from January 1, 2019. The candidate will begin his term on that date.
|Candidate||Expressions of support|
|Biography and motivation for nomination||Country of citizenship||Country of residence||Organization name||Name of nominating individual||Organization of nominating individual||Name||Organization|
|Juan Alejo Peirano||Uruguay||United Kingdom||Personal||Self-nomination||Self-nomination||Edmundo Cázarez López||Nic México|
|Paola Pérez||Internet Society Venezuela|
|Jorge Villa||Ministerio de Educación Superior|
This is a public call for nominations to fill one (1) vacancy on the Iana Numbering Services Review Committee corresponding to the LACNIC region which will be created when Nicolás Antoniello ends his term (on 31 December 2018).
The appointed representative will serve a term of two (2) years starting on 1st January 2019.
- Call for nominations opens: 25 July, 2018 (from 18:00 UTC)
- Candidate reception and validation period closes: 25 August, 2018 (until 18:00 UTC)
- Publication of the list of candidates (in alphabetical order) with their respective expressions of support: 30 August, 2018
- Presential elections: 25 September, 2018, at the Public Policy Forum of LACNIC 30 LACNOG 2018 event
- Publication of the official results: 26 September, 2018
What are the requirements for being nominated? How are nominations submitted?
- Any individual from the LACNIC region may be nominated, except for Regional Internet Registry staff members, members of LACNIC's Board of Directors, and any individual having the same nationality as one of the RC members elected by the LACNIC community and currently in office*.
* Esteban Lescano – Argentina
- Self-nominations are allowed.
- To be eligible, candidates must state that they have knowledge of the Service Level Agreement (SLA) for the IANA Numbering Services, as well as of the Number Community proposal for the IANA Functions Stewardship Transition.
- Only candidates who receive at least five (5) expressions of support before the corresponding deadline may run in the election.
- Information on the candidates (acknowledgment of nominations, expressions of support, candidate bios) will be published on LACNIC's website.
- If the deadline for candidate nominations expires and no candidates meeting all the requirements have been nominated, an additional 15-day nomination period will be announced.
- If this additional nominations period expires and candidates meeting all the requirements have still not been nominated, the LACNIC Board will appoint an RC member, considering the requirements established for the position.
- If only one candidate meets the requirements, voting will not be necessary. Such candidate's appointment must be ratified by the LACNIC Board.
- Should failure to perform their duties affect the RC's operation, the LACNIC Board may decide the removal of any member of the RC. The Board will publish the reasons for the removal and will appoint one or two temporary substitute members, as appropriate, within a maximum of two weeks. Temporary substitute members will serve on the committee until the next election.
- Should a member of the RC be elected to the LACNIC Board of Directors, such member must resign from the RC before taking office on the Board.
Nominations and expressions of support forms:
To nominate a candidate, please complete the following information and send it by email to email@example.com
- Position to which the candidate is being nominated:
- Name of candidate:
- Country of citizenship:
- Country of residence:
- Organization name:
- E-mail address:
- Postal address:
- Phone number:
- Biographical information (specifically mention the nominee's professional experience that will allow him to be a suitable member for the functions - maximum of 250 words):
- Motivation for nomination (maximum of 150 words):
- Name of nominating individual:
- Organization of nominating individual:
- E-mail address of nominating individual:
To express support for nominated individuals, please complete the following information and send it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Name of nominee who is receiving the expression of support:
- Name of supporting individual:
- Organization of supporting individual:
- E-mail address of supporting individual:
Who can vote? How does voting take place?
- Voting takes place during a meeting of the LACNIC Public Policy Forum at one of the anual events of LACNIC.
- Anyone who is inside the room when the voting begins may vote.
- Each voter may check the name of one (1) candidate on the voting sheet. Each checkmark will be counted as one vote.
- Votes are anonymous.
- A three-member commission appointed during the Public Forum will be responsible for counting the votes. Candidates may not be part of this commission.
- Once the votes have been counted, the candidate with the highest number of votes will be proclaimed representative of the LACNIC region.
- In the event of a tie, the candidates with the highest number of votes will proceed to a second round of voting from which all other candidates will be excluded.
IANA Numbering Services Review Committee (RC)
The Service Level Agreement for the IANA Numbering Services (NRO SLA) considers the creation of a Review Committee (RC). This Review Committee will be made up by three (3) representatives of each RIR.
The RC will comprise a total of fifteen members, three from each of the five RIRs, as follows:
- Two community appointees from each RIR region (who must not be RIR staff or board members)
- One RIR staff from the región
Powers and Responsibilities
The functions of the Review Committee (RC) include advising and assisting the NRO EC in its periodic review of the service level of the IANA Numbering Services provided to the Internet Number Community.
Positions on the Review Committee are honorary, therefore RC members do not receive compensation for their services.
Members of the RC will not receive from LACNIC or the NRO any compensation or reimbursement of expenses for their services.
Although it is not expected that members of the RC will be required to travel as part of their duties, should it be necessary for them to do so, LACNIC will cover the cost of transportation and accommodation for LACNIC region representatives to attend those events where their participation is necessary to exercise their duties on behalf of the LACNIC Community.