CHAPTER VIII - ABOUT THE TREASURER
This document and/or information was originally written in Spanish, the official language of Uruguay, the country where LACNIC is legally incorporated and whose laws and regulations govern the organization. Likewise, unofficial information and/or documents are also written in Spanish, as this is the language in which most of LACNIC's advisors and officers work and communicate. We do our best to ensure that our translations are reliable and serve as a guide for our non-Spanish-speaking members. However, discrepancies may exist between the translations and the original document and/or information written in Spanish. In such cases, the original text written in Spanish will always prevail.
The Treasurer or whoever replaces the Treasurer under these Bylaws shall have the following powers and responsibilities:
- To attend the Assemblies. To participate in Board of Director meetings, with full voting and speaking privileges.
- To serve as liaison between the Board and the Fiscal Commission, including the latter's annual meeting with the LACNIC staff.
- To accompany the financial management of the organization.
- To present their opinion on the financial reports before the LACNIC Ordinary Member Assembly.
- To maintain the Members’ Registry jointly with the Secretary, and to be responsible for all things relating to the collection of membership fees. The Treasurer may delegate this function to the LACNIC staff.
- To keep the accounting books. The Treasurer may delegate this function to the LACNIC staff
- To present monthly balance sheets to the Board and prepare the General Balance Sheet, Statement of Resources and Expenses, and Inventory at the end of each fiscal year, which, once approved by the Board, shall be submitted to the Ordinary Member Assembly. The Treasurer may delegate this function to the LACNIC staff.
- To sign receipts and other treasury documents with the President, executing the payments decided by the Board. The Treasurer may delegate this function to the LACNIC staff.
- To deposit all funds collected by the organization in a banking institution under the name of LACNIC and requiring the joint signature of the President and the Treasurer, where funds up to the amount authorized by the Board may be maintained. The Treasurer may delegate this function to the LACNIC staff.
- To report on the financial status of the organization to the Board and to the Fiscal Commission as required. The Treasurer may delegate this function to the LACNIC staff.
* Article modified by the Member Assemblies held on 29 May 2008, 03 May 2016, and 04 May 2022.