Revocation of Internet Resources allocation
Internet resources (ASN, IPv4, IPv6) assigned or allocated by LACNIC must comply with the requirements set forth in the Registration Services Agreement signed between LACNIC and the receiving organization and with the LACNIC Policy Manual.
Resource Revocation Policy
LACNIC reserves the right to revoke Internet resource assignments or allocations in accordance with the provisions of its resource recovery policy 7.1 from LACNIC Policy Manual: “Resource Recovery”.
Some reasons why LACNIC may initiate the resource recovery process include (see policy 7.1 from LACNIC Policy Manual):
- Resource lacks visibility on the global routing table
- Breach of LACNIC policies - LACNIC Policy Manual
- Breach of the provisions of the Registration Services Agreement or other legal agreements between the organization holding the resource and LACNIC or one of its NIRs*
- Evidence that an organization has disappeared and its blocks have not been transferred
- Unauthorized transfers under the provisions of LACNIC policy – LACNIC Policy Manual
* Examples of breaches of the provisions of the Registration Services Agreement:
- Failure to comply with the payment terms for the renewal of IP addresses (see the chart with payment deadlines)
- Failure to comply with the payment terms for the ASN for nano and micro categories (see the chart with payment deadlines)
Resources under process of recovery
In accordance with Resource Recovery policy (read the entire policy here), LACNIC shall publish the resources that are to be recovered and display them for a period of three months. If an organization has not rectified the situation within three months after the resources are published, these resources shall be recovered.
Important to consider:
- The resource recovery process begins once LACNIC is in possession of evidence regarding breaches including those mentioned above.
- LACNIC shall attempt to contact the organization and rectify the situation.
- If the situation cannot be rectified, LACNIC shall publish the resources that are to be recovered and display them for a period of three months. During this period the organization must rectify the situation with LACNIC.
- Two months after the resources are published, LACNIC shall proceed to delete the NS records pointing to the authoritative nameservers of the resources involved. This information may be recovered once the organization contacts LACNIC or the corresponding NIR.
- If the organization has not rectified the situation within three months after the resources have been published, the resources shall be recovered and the records of the resource holders shall be removed from LACNIC’s database.
Organizations with resources in the process of recovery
|Type of resource||Resource||Publication Date||Resource recovery date|
|ASN||269810||June 11, 2021||September 9, 2021|
We remind you that, according to the provisions of this policy, those who possess these resources and wish to regularize their status may do so by contacting the following addresses:
email@example.com (for failure to pay your LACNIC membership dues)
firstname.lastname@example.org (for non-compliance with policies governing the use of LACNIC resources)
Resources under process of recovery - NIRs
To see a list of resources in the revocation process at the Registro.br visit the following link
To see a list of resources in the revocation process at the IAR.MX visit the following link
According to policy “7.1. Resource recovery” LACNIC shall publish the resources that have been recovered so that the routing filters may be modified.
The following is the updated list of Internet resources that have already been recovered.
If you have any questions regarding these resources, please contact email@example.com.