IP & ASN Recovery
Internet resources (ASN, IPv4, IPv6) assigned or allocated by LACNIC must comply with the provisions of the Registration Services Agreement signed between LACNIC and the organization receiving them, as well as those of the LACNIC Policy Manual.
LACNIC reserves the right to recover Internet resource assignments or allocations in accordance with the provisions of section 7.1 Resource Recovery Process of the LACNIC Policy Manual.
The reasons considered grounds for LACNIC to initiate the resource recovery process include:
- The resources are not visible on the global routing table
- Breach of the policies included in the LACNIC Policy Manual
- Breach of the provisions of the Registration Services Agreement or other legal agreements between the organization holding the resource and LACNIC or one of its NIRs*
- Evidence that an organization has disappeared and its blocks have not been transferred
- Unauthorized transfers under the provisions of the policies included in the LACNIC Policy Manual
*Examples of breaches to the provisions of the Registration Services Agreement:
As per its resource recovery policy (click here to read the policy), LACNIC publishes the resources that are set to be recovered for a period of three months. If an organization does not rectify the situation within three months of the publication, the resources will be reclaimed.
- The resource recovery process begins once LACNIC is in possession of evidence of one or more of the breaches mentioned above.
- LACNIC shall attempt to contact the organization to rectify the situation.
- If the situation cannot be rectified, LACNIC will publish the resources to be recovered for a period of three months. During this period, the organization may rectify its situation with LACNIC.
- Two months after the resources are published, LACNIC will delete the NS records pointing to the resources’ authoritative nameservers. This information may be recovered once the organization contacts LACNIC or the corresponding NIR.
- If three months after the resources are published the organization has not rectified the situation, the resources will be recovered and the records of the resource holders will be removed from the LACNIC database.
Organizations currently undergoing the resource recovery process
|Type of resource||Resource||Date on which the resources were published||Date on which the resources are set to be recovered|
Holders of these resources who wish to rectify their situation should contact:
facturacion [at] lacnic [.] net (failure to pay membership fees)
hostmaster [at] lacnic [.] net (breach of policies governing the use of the resources)
Is there a list of recovered resources?
Under policy 7.1 Resource Recovery, LACNIC publishes a list of resources that have been recovered to allow routing filters to be modified.
Updated list of recovered Internet resources:
Any questions or comments should be addressed to hostmaster [at] lacnic [.] net