Reminder ASO AC Call for Nominations for Seat 10 on the ICANN Board of Directors
10 November 2021
This message is sent on behalf of the ASO AC
On 15 September 2021, the Address Supporting Organization Address Council (ASO AC) issued a call for nominations for Seat 10 of the ICANN Board of Directors. Nominations are being accepted until 1st December 2021. The selected candidate will serve for a three-year term, which will begin at the conclusion of the ICANN Annual General Assembly at the ICANN 75 Meeting, scheduled to be held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, in September 2022.
If you are considering nominating someone or yourself, please do not wait until the end of the nomination phase. Nominees will need time to sign and return an attestation document certifying they are of good character before the end of the nomination period. Failure to meet the deadline will make nominees ineligible for consideration by the ASO AC Qualification Review Committee.
All nominated candidates must meet the selection criteria and conflict of interest requirements as outlined in Article 7 of the ICANN Bylaws and will undergo a due diligence review by an independent ICANN contractor.
Community members are invited to submit their nominations by email to nominations [at] aso [dot] icann [dot] org by Wednesday, 1st December 2021 at 23:59 UTC.
Nominations must include the following information:
- Full name of the person being nominated
- Contact email address of the person being nominated
- Contact telephone number (if available) of the person being nominated
- Full name of the person making the nomination
- Contact email address of the person making the nomination
- Contact telephone number of the person making the nomination
The ICANN Bylaws state that no two directors selected by a Supporting Organization can reside in the same geographic region. The current ASO AC selection for Seat 9, Alan Barrett, resides in the AFRINIC region. Therefore, nominations for Seat 10 will not be accepted from candidates residing in the AFRINIC region.
- Nomination Phase: 15 September 2021 – 1st December 2021
- Comments Phase: 30 December 2021 – 30 March 2022
ICANN Due Diligence for nominated candidates
- Interview Phase: 29 January 2022 –30 March 2022
- Selection Phase (deliberation): 1st April – 16 April 2022
- Selection Phase (voting): 19 - 25 April 2022
- Announcement of selected candidate: around 30 April 2022
Additional information and updated announcements will be added to the dedicated 2022 Seat 10 election page <https://aso.icann.org/aso-ac-calls-for-nominations-for-seat-10-on-the-icann-board-of-directors-2/> on the ASO website.
Detailed procedures for election of individuals to the ICANN Board of Directors by the ASO AC can be found in Section 9 of the ASO AC Operating Procedures. <https://aso.icann.org/documents/operational-documents/aso-ac-icann-board-selection-procedures/>
If you have any questions about the elections or the election process, please contact secretariat [at] nro [dot] net.