LACNIC Fellowship Program
|AUGUSTO LUCIANO MATHURIN||AR|
|CATHERINE SUAREZ RODRIGUEZ||CO|
|EZEQUIEL ANTONIO CORTÉS GONZÁLEZ||PA|
|GENOVEVA ESPEJO TAPIA||BO|
|GLIZETH ROJAS FERNANDEZ||BO|
|HENRRY HUAMAN CARDENAS||PE|
|JUAN ANTONIO HERRERA CORREA||MX|
|JUAN CARLOS ESTÉVEZ CRUZ||CU|
|LIA SOLIS MONTANO||BO|
|LOUIS JEAN DAVICKSON||HT|
|MARIA DOLORES MENDEZ||NI|
|MARÍA ELENA GARCÍA SEGUNDO||PA|
|MARVIN GONZALEZ LINARES||GT|
|RODRIGO IGNACIO SOTTO CACERES||PY|
|ROSELIA LULU MARTINEZ LOPEZ||MX|
|SARA CARDOSO DE CASTRO||BR|
|SIMON PEREZ CORDOVA||PA|
|VARSHA ANUSKHA SONAI||SR|
|VILMA NICOLL VIDAL SALDIVAR||DO|
|YARISOL ANNERIS CASTILLO QUIEL||PA|
Fellowship Program for Youths
LACNIC's Fellowship Program seeks to support the participation of members of the Latin American and Caribbean Internet community in LACNIC-LACNOG events in order to:
- Raise awareness about LACNIC and the services offered by the organization
- Provide technical training opportunities
- Encourage community participation in the Policy Development Process
- Facilitate community involvement in LACNIC's activities: participation in the different technical forums and working groups (CSIRTs and others).
- Facilitate community involvement in LACNOG meetings.
- Promote information sharing among industry professionals with similar technical interests
- Contribute to the creation of synergies between different stakeholders that will result in the creation of working groups on issues of common interest
- Facilitate professional and social networking
A committee made up by LACNIC and LACNOG staff members is in charge of the selection process. This committee analyzes each application and selects the most appropriate candidates, taking into account the following criteria:
- Encouraging the participation of those attending a LACNIC-LACNOG event for the first time.
- Sponsoring applicants from less developed countries or economies that are part of the LACNIC service region.
- Encouraging the participation of women to help improve gender balance at LACNIC events.
- Seeking to achieve a group of sponsored participants that is representative of the broadest possible diversity in terms of the sector (Internet service providers, academia, civil society, governments, private sector) and geographic location they represent.
Applicants whose fellowship applications are approved will be notified directly.
The committee's decisions are final.
Selected applicants must notify their acceptance of the fellowship terms and conditions before the deadline.
Fellowships are personal and cannot be transferred.
The final list of fellowship recipients will be published on the event's website.
Selected Applicants' Obligations
Selected applicants will be assigned a Coordinator, who will guide them during the event, and provide the necessary information and support so that they can get the most out of the activities that are part of the event's program.
Sponsored participants will be required to attend all meetings to which they are summoned by their Coordinator and must fulfill the requirements or tasks that are requested of them, such as:
- Becoming familiar with the information they will be provided
- Participating in all open sessions during the event
- Attending the briefing for sponsored participants
- Availability to moderate remote participation (chat rooms) during plenary sessions and forums
- Submit a brief written report on their participation in the event
LACNIC will provide successful applicants one the following benefits:
Option 1: Registration fee* and accommodation for one person, including breakfast (venue or overflow hotel) for a maximum stay equal to the number of nights required to participate in the entire event.
Option 2: Registration fee* and airfare (return ticket from the applicant's place of residence to the city where the event is held).
Airport taxes and visa expenses are not included. Obtaining visas and complying with other requirements such as mandatory vaccinations will be the applicant's sole responsibility.
The flight must originate within the LACNIC service region:
Option 3: Registration fee (local participants only).
Applicants residing in the city where the conference will take place (or in its vicinity), may apply for this type of fellowship, which only covers the event registration fee.
Note: *LACNIC member organizations are entitled to two complimentary registrations for each event.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES TOTAL FELLOWSHIP WILL BE AWARDED. THE APPLICANT MAY CHOOSE ONLY ONE OF THE 3 OPTIONS SET FORTH IN THIS CALL (REGISTRATION AND ACCOMMODATION, REGISTRATION AND AIR TICKET, REGISTRATION ONLY)
FELLOWSHIPS ARE PERSONAL AND NONTRANSFERABLE.
Call for applications opens: June 5, 2019
Applications are received: June 5 to July 11, 2019
Successful applicants are notified: July 26, 2019
Confirmation of acceptance: August 1st, 2019
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Successful applicants will be notified directly via email. The deadline for confirming acceptance of the fellowship is August 1st, 2019. If an applicant fails to confirm acceptance of the fellowship before the deadline specified above, the fellowship will be awarded to another applicant.
If you have any questions, please contact: email@example.com
Terms and Conditions
Back up link