LACNIC Technical Forum – Call for Presentations (LACNIC31)
LACNIC, the Latin American and Caribbean Internet Addresses Registry, is an international non-government organization established in Uruguay in 2002, responsible for assigning and managing Internet number resources (IPv4, IPv6), Autonomous System Numbers and reverse resolution for the region of Latin America and the Caribbean.
The LACNIC Technical Forum (LTF) is a space within LACNIC's annual events created for the international community to share their experiences, work and initiatives related to various technical aspects of a central topic: Internet development in the region of Latin America and the Caribbean.
In this context, LACNIC is summoning the Internet community to submit their proposals for presentations to include in the LTF agenda of our upcoming event, LACNIC31, to be held in the city of Punta Cana, Dominican Republic, on 6-10 May 2019.
There are two possible presentation formats:
- Lightning talk: brief, 15-minute presentation, including at least 5 minutes for questions.
- Presentation: 30-minute presentation, including at least 5 minutes for questions.
The proposed topic must be geared towards and related to Internet development in the region. The following is a non-exhaustive and non-limiting list of the topics of interest for the LACNIC Technical Forum:
- Network operation and professional experiences (success stories, best practices)
- IP network architecture, sizing, configuration and administration
- Internet protocols (routing, switching, etc.)
- Operation and configuration of DNS services
- Applications for end users (e.g. email, HTTP, etc.)
- Value-added services such as VPNs, distributed systems, cloud computing, etc.
- Traffic exchange (peering, IXPs, etc.)
- Regional connectivity: submarine and terrestrial cables, current and future needs, the role of governments
- IPv6 transition and deployment
- Data network security and management, attack mitigation
- Network monitoring, performance, measurements and telemetry
- Network automation, evolution and convergence
- Infrastructure and physical transport, including optical and wireless networks
- Initiatives for the deployment and operation of Internet of Things (IoT) projects
- Protocols related to the Internet of Things (IoT)
- Research and education
- Task automation in networks and/or services
- Autonomous networks
- Systems, services and emerging technologies related to NFV/VNF, SDN, SD-WAN, and the like
If you have any questions regarding the relevance of a potential topic, please contact the program committee firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guidelines for submitting a proposal:
- Presentation title.
- General summary.
- Attachment with a draft of the slides or an extended summary of the work/paper to be presented. This text must not exceed one thousand (1000) words.
- Estimated duration of the presentation.
- Authors' details (full name, email address, and company/organization they represent).
- Specify whether at least one of the authors can guarantee their attendance at the event, or whether this depends on the possibility of obtaining financial assistance from the event's organizers (see “Speaker Benefits”).
- Accepted languages: English, Portuguese and Spanish.
- Accepted formats: Portable Document Format (PDF).
- Number of slides according to the presentation format (lightning talk or presentation). Estimate 1 to 2 minutes per slide.
When evaluating the proposals, the LACNIC Technical Forum Program Committee will consider the following criteria (but will not be limited to them):
- Real-life deployments will be preferred over tests
- Value of sharing the experience
- Technical quality
- Possibility of generalized application
- Applicability (inclusion of a proposal for the project's continuity)
- Importance of the development
The LTF Program Committee is made up by:
|Name||In representation of|
|Guillermo Cicileo||LACNIC Staff|
|Alejandro Acosta||LACNIC Staff|
|César Díaz||LACNIC Staff|
Important dates for this call for presentations:
- Call for presentations opens: 13 December 2018
- Proposal will be received until: 1 February 2019
- Program Committee evaluation: 2-22 February 2019
- Deadline for submitting final presentation: 25 March to 19 April 2019
- Event date: 6-10 May 2019
Authors whose proposals are accepted will have their event registration fee covered. However, they will be responsible for their own travel and accommodation expenses.
Those who require financial assistance to cover their air fare or accommodation must independently apply for a fellowship through the summons issued by LACNIC for this purpose.
Please note that acceptance of a proposal to be presented at the LACNIC Technical Forum does NOT imply that the author(s) will be granted financial assistance, although the submission of a proposal may be considered a plus during the selection process.
At the conclusion of the event, presenters will receive a certificate of the inclusion of their presentation in the LACNIC Technical Forum.
For more information, please check the Sponsorship Program section of the LACNIC31 event website or send your questions to email@example.com