|ADRIANA VIRIATO RIBEIRO||BR|
|ALEJANDRO MARTÍNEZ VARELA||MX|
|ANDRÉS FELIPE MOLINA ALZATE||CO|
|CARMEN LUCIA DE OLIVEIRA MACHADO||BR|
|DIANA CHIRICO RODRIGUEZ||BO|
|HENRI ALVES GODOY||BR|
|HÉWING GÉRALD DORVELUS||HT|
|INGRID SULEMA CONTRERAS PAIZ||GT|
|ISABEL PÉREZ ESTÉVEZ||CU|
|JUAN IGNACIO CAPOBIANCO||AR|
|MARCELO ALVARADO LAURA||BO|
|MARCELO RUBEN FONTANA||AR|
|MARIA DEL CARMEN DENIS POLANCO||MX|
|MARÍA NELLY FERNÁNDEZ BELLORIN||HN|
|MIRNA EVELIA MENENDEZ CONTRERAS||SV|
|SANDRA MILENA LOPEZ GARCIA||CO|
Sponsorship Program for young people
|ANDRÉS RAÚL VILLARROEL||AR|
|CLAUDIO GABRIEL KRATOCHVIL||AR|
|CRISTIAN GASTÑON GÓMEZ||AR|
|CRISTIAN M. OZÁN||AR|
|EICHHORN GRANGETTO, NICOLÁS EMMANUEL||AR|
|FACUNDO MEDINA PALACIOS||AR|
|HÉCTOR FERNANDO BURI||AR|
|JUAN CRUZ AGUIRRE||AR|
|MARCELO HERNAN TAZZIOLI||AR|
|MARIANO IVÁN BAUDENA||AR|
|MIGUEL ANGEL PUCCIO||AR|
|SERGIO JEREMÍAS D'AMICO||AR|
|TRIPICCHIO, ROMAN JAVIER||AR|
|UBALDO JUAN MANUEL, ARAMAYO||AR|
|VICTOR MANUEL TORRES||AR|
LACNIC's Sponsorship Program seeks to support the participation of members of the Latin American and Caribbean Internet community in LACNIC-LACNOG events in order to:
- Raise awareness about LACNIC and the services offered by the organization
- Provide technical training opportunities
- Encourage community participation in the Policy Development Process
- Facilitate community involvement in LACNIC's activities: participation in the different technical forums and working groups (CSIRTs and others).
- Facilitate community involvement in LACNOG meetings.
- Promote information sharing among industry professionals with similar technical interests
- Contribute to the creation of synergies between different stakeholders that will result in the creation of working groups on issues of common interest
- Facilitate professional and social networking
A committee made up by LACNIC staff members is in charge of the selection process. This committee analyzes each application and selects the most appropriate candidates, taking into account the following criteria:
- Encouraging the participation of those attending a LACNIC-LACNOG event for the first time.
- Sponsoring applicants from less developed countries or economies that are part of the LACNIC service region.
- Encouraging the participation of women to help improve gender balance at LACNIC events.
- Seeking to achieve a group of sponsored participants that is representative of the broadest possible diversity in terms of the sector (Internet service providers, academia, civil society, governments, private sector) and geographic location they represent.
Applicants whose sponsorship applications are approved will be notified directly.
The committee's decisions are final.
Selected applicants must notify their acceptance of the sponsorship terms and conditions before the deadline.
Sponsorships personal and cannot be transferred.
The final list of sponsorship recipients will be published on the event's website.
Selected Applicants' Obligations
Selected applicants will be assigned a Coordinator, who will guide them during the event, and provide the necessary information and support so that they can get the most out of the activities that are part of the event's program.
Sponsored participants will be required to attend all meetings to which they are summoned by their Coordinator and must fulfill the requirements or tasks that are requested of them, such as:
- Becoming familiar with the information they will be provided
- Participating in all open sessions during the event
- Attending the briefing for sponsored participants
- Availability to moderate remote participation (chat rooms) during plenary sessions and forums
- Submit a brief written report on their participation in the event
LACNIC will provide successful applicants one the following benefits:
Option 1: Registration fee* and accommodation for one person, including breakfast (venue or overflow hotel) for a maximum stay equal to the number of nights required to participate in the entire event.
Option 2: Registration fee* and airfare (return ticket from the applicant's place of residence to the city where the event is held).
Airport taxes and visa expenses are not included. Obtaining visas and complying with other requirements such as mandatory vaccinations will be the applicant's sole responsibility.
The flight must originate within the LACNIC service region: http://www.lacnic.net/web/lacnic/area-de-cobertura
Option 3: Registration fee (local participants only).
Applicants residing in the city where the conference will take place (or in its vicinity), may apply for this type of sponsorship, which only covers the event registration fee.
Note: *LACNIC member organizations are entitled to two complimentary registrations for each event.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES TOTAL SPONSORSHIP WILL BE AWARDED. THE APPLICANT MAY CHOOSE ONLY ONE OF THE 3 OPTIONS SET FORTH IN THIS CALL (REGISTRATION AND ACCOMMODATION, REGISTRATION AND AIR TICKET, REGISTRATION ONLY)
SPONSORSHIPS ARE PERSONAL AND NONTRANSFERABLE.
- Call for applications opens: June 6, 2018
- Applications are received: June 6 to July 17, 2018
- Successful applicants are notified: August 8, 2018
- Confirmation of acceptance: August 14, 2018
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Successful applicants will be notified directly via email. The deadline for confirming acceptance of the sponsorship is 14 August, 2018. If an applicant fails to confirm acceptance of the sponsorship before the deadline specified above, the sponsorship will be awarded to another applicant.
If you have any questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org