LACNIC Sponsorship Program
- Home > LACNIC Sponsorship Program
|ADRIANA GASTEZZI MONTERO||EC|
|ANA CRISTINA PINEDA||GT|
|ANDRES JULIAN MORENO MORENO||CO|
|ANDRES PORRAS ARIAS||CR|
|BIEN-AIMÉ LOUIS JUNIOR||HT|
|CARLOS EDUARDO VILCHEZ VENEGAS||PE|
|CARLOS VICTOR BELLAVIA||AR|
|CESAR CABALLERO T||PY|
|CLAUDIA INOSTROZA MARDONES||CL|
|EDNA SAMUDIO DE JAEN||PA|
|FEDERICA TORTORELLA CASILLA||DO|
|FERNANDOZ MARCELO AGUILAR ARCE||PY|
|GERARDO DANIEL GUERRERO OCHOA||MX|
|HORACIO LOPEZ JUSTINIANO||BO|
|JAIME JAEN W||PA|
|JOEL ARIEL ROBINSON DUGGON||PA|
|JOSE FELIX PALACIOS PADILLA||HN|
|JUAN CAMILO GARCIA BARCO||CO|
|JUAN DIEGO GONZÁLEZ GUTIÉRREZ||CR|
|JULIO MANUEL LUCIA LCHTMANN||BO|
|LIZANIA MARGARITA PÉREZ RODRÍGUEZ||DO|
|LUIS ANIBAL QUIMBITA PANCHI||EC|
|LUISA ANGELICA LEÓN MIRANDA||MX|
|MARIA DEL CARMEN DENIS POLANCO||MX|
|MARIANNY SORANLLI TORRES MARTE||DO|
|MAURICIO OVIEDO CALDERÓN||CR|
|MIRTHA GRACIELA VILLAGRA FERREIRA||PY|
|NAHUEL MARTIN PILA||AR|
|NELSON OMAR ALVAREZ CRUZ||PE|
|OMAR VALENTIN ORTIZ MARTINEZ||BO|
|OSCAR ARMANDO GRANDE||SV|
|PAOLA ANDREA ESCOBARI VARGAS||BO|
|PAULINA ELIZABETH FIGUEROA ROMERO||EC|
|RAMON HENRIQUEZ RISK||DO|
|ROCIO CHICAS AYALA||GT|
|RODOLFO MALPARTIDA AVENDAÑO||BO|
|ROXANA ARELY GONZÁLEZ VIANA||SV|
|SANIE ELIZABETH BENITEZ BENITEZ||PY|
|SELIBET DARYELIS PINILLA TUÑON||PA|
|SILVIA CALMON DE ALBUQUERQUE||BR|
|VIDA LUZ ARISTA||NI|
|YARISOL ANNERIS CASTILLO QUIEL||PA|
|Josué Alberto Sánchez||PA|
|Jamal Alexander Torres||PA|
|José Luis Chiari||PA|
|Carolina Angélica Padilla||PA|
|Orlando Moisés Cedeño||PA|
The period to apply for grants is over.
LACNIC's Sponsorship Program seeks to support the participation of members of the Latin American and Caribbean Internet community in LACNIC events in order to:
- Raise awareness about LACNIC and the services offered by the organization
- Provide technical training opportunities
- Encourage community participation in the Policy Development Process
- Facilitate community involvement in LACNIC's activities: participation in the LACNIC Technical Forum and in the different working groups (CSIRTs and others).
- Promote information sharing among industry professionals with similar technical interests
- Contribute to the creation of synergies between different stakeholders that will result in the creation of working groups on issues of common interest
- Facilitate professional and social networking
A committee made up by LACNIC staff members is in charge of the selection process. This committee analyzes each application and selects the most appropriate candidates, taking into account the following criteria:
- Encouraging the participation of those attending a LACNIC event for the first time.
- Sponsoring applicants from less developed countries or economies that are part of the LACNIC service region.
- Encouraging the participation of women to help improve gender balance at LACNIC events.
- Seeking to achieve a group of sponsored participants that is representative of the broadest possible diversity in terms of the sector (Internet service providers, academia, civil society, governments, private sector) and geographic location they represent.
Applicants whose sponsorship applications are approved will be notified directly.
The committee's decisions are final.
Selected applicants must notify their acceptance of the sponsorship terms and conditions before the deadline.
Sponsorships personal and cannot be transferred.
The final list of sponsorship recipients will be published on the event's website.
Selected Applicants' Obligations
Selected applicants will be assigned a Coordinator, who will guide them during the event, and provide the necessary information and support so that they can get the most out of the activities that are part of the event's program.
Sponsored participants will be required to attend all meetings to which they are summoned by their Coordinator and must fulfill the requirements or tasks that are requested of them, such as:
- Becoming familiar with the information they will be provided
- Participating in all open sessions during the event
- Attending the briefing for sponsored participants
- Availability to moderate remote participation (chat rooms) during plenary sessions and forums
- Submit a brief written report on their participation in the event
LACNIC will provide successful applicants one of the following benefits:
Option 1: Registration fee* and accommodation for one person, including breakfast (venue or overflow hotel) for a maximum stay equal to the number of nights required to participate in the entire event.
Option 2: Registration fee* and airfare (return ticket from the applicant's place of residence to the city where the event is held).
Airport taxes and visa expenses are not included. Obtaining visas and complying with other requirements such as mandatory vaccinations will be the applicant's sole responsibility.
The flight must originate within the LACNIC service region:
Option 3: Registration fee (local participants only).
Applicants residing in the city where the conference will take place may apply for this type of sponsorship, which only covers the event registration fee.
Note: *LACNIC member organizations are entitled to two complimentary registrations for each event.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES TOTAL SPONSORSHIP WILL BE AWARDED. THE APPLICANT MAY CHOOSE ONLY ONE OF THE 3 OPTIONS SET FORTH IN THIS CALL (REGISTRATION AND ACCOMMODATION, REGISTRATION AND AIR TICKET, REGISTRATION ONLY)
SPONSORSHIPS ARE PERSONAL AND NONTRANSFERABLE.
|Call for applications opens||January 24th, 2018|
|Applications are received||January 24th to February 28th, 2018|
|Successful applicants are notified||March 12th, 2018|
|Confirmation of acceptance||March 17th, 2018|
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Successful applicants will be notified directly via email. The deadline for confirming acceptance of the sponsorship is March 17th, 2018. If an applicant fails to confirm acceptance of the sponsorship before the deadline specified above, the sponsorship will be awarded to another applicant.
If you have any questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and Conditions: Download
Register to apply for the sponsorship program: https://eventos.lacnic.net/ev3/lacnic29/scholarship