2016 Lifetime Achievement Award - Call for nominations
LACNIC honors the lifetime achievements of the region's Internet leaders
LACNIC announces that the call for nominations for the 2016 edition of the Lifetime Achievement Award is now open. This award seeks to honor those individuals who have made a sustained contribution to the permanent development of the Internet and the Information Society in Latin America and the Caribbean.
Since 2009, this award is presented each year to members of the Internet community who have consistently produced relevant contributions in benefit of the development of the Internet and the Information Society in Latin America and the Caribbean.
In order to promote and articulate collaborative efforts throughout the region, the LACNIC Board believes it is important to honor these individuals for their longstanding, dedicated efforts towards the attainment of these goals and for the example they set to the rest of the community.
Jurors for the 2016 Lifetime Achievement Award will be as follows: Ida Holz, Rodrigo de la Parra, Rafael Ibarra, Ben Petrazzini, Serby Wilson, Elgeline Martis, Carolina Aguerre, and Jesús Martinez.
Nomination Terms and Conditions
- Regardless of their nationality, any person may be nominated who has made relevant, verifiable contributions to the development of the Internet and the Information Society in Latin America and the Caribbean and to their benefit, either through private initiatives, working with civil society, defining or affecting the definition of public policies, academic work and research, the creation of communities, supporting the development of infrastructure and technological developments, among other potentially outstanding achievements.
- LACNIC employees, members of the LACNIC Board, and jurors for the 2016 Lifetime Achievement Award are ineligible to receive these awards.
- Self-nominations are not accepted.
- To participate, please complete this form with the candidate's personal information, his/her experience working in the Internet field, references, and other relevant data. Jurors may request additional information if they consider it necessary to properly assess each nomination.
- Letters of recommendation or reference from one or more persons connected to the candidate's professional career will be considered a plus.
- Members of the community interested in nominating a candidate should write to firstname.lastname@example.org before March 14th, 2016 using the form mentioned above.
- The email subject should read "2016 Lifetime Achievement Award Nomination."
Prizes and Notification
The prize will consist of a commemorative object.
In addition, the winner will be invited to the awards ceremony which will take place during the LACNIC 25 meeting, to be held on 2-6 May in La Habana, Cuba.
- Registration services
- Resources Transfer
- Return Resources
- Resource management
- Registration documents
- Revocation of resources
- RIPE Atlas in Latin America and the Caribbean