LACNIC honors the lifetime achievements of the region's Internet leaders
LACNIC announces the opening of the candidate nominations period for the 2017 edition of the Lifetime Achievement Award, the purpose of which is to recognize those individuals that have contributed to the permanent development of the Internet and the Information Society in the region of Latin America and the Caribbean.
Since 2009, this honor is presented each year to members of the Internet community who have consistently produced relevant contributions in benefit of the development of the Internet and the Information Society in Latin America and the Caribbean.
In order to promote and articulate collaborative efforts throughout the region, LACNIC's Board of Directors believes it is important to honor these individuals for their longstanding, dedicated efforts towards the attainment of these goals and for the example they set to the rest of the community.
The 2017 Lifetime Achievement Award judging panel will be made up by: Ida Holz, Rodrigo de la Parra, Rafael Ibarra, Ben Petrazzini, Carolina Aguerre, Selby Wilson and Jesús Martinez.
Nomination Terms and Conditions
- Regardless of their nationality, any person may be nominated who has verifiably made relevant contributions to the development of the Internet and the Information Society in the region of Latin America and the Caribbean and to their benefit, either through private initiatives, working with civil society, defining or affecting the definition of public policies, academic work and research, the creation of communities, supporting the development of infrastructure and technological developments, among other potentially outstanding achievements.
- LACNIC employees, members of the LACNIC Board, and members of the 2017 Lifetime Achievement Award judging panel are ineligible to receive these awards.
- Self-nominations are not accepted.
- In order to participate, please complete the online nomination form with the candidate's personal information, his/her experience working in the Internet field, references, and other relevant data. The judging panel may request additional information if they believe it is necessary to properly assess each nomination.
- The call for nominations will be open from Monday February 13 to Friday March 10, 2017. No applications will be accepted passed this deadline.
For any inquiries, please write to email@example.com.
Access the online nomination form here: http://trayectoria.lacnic.net/?Lang=en
Prizes and Notification
The award will consist of a commemorative object.
The winner will be invited to participate in the awards ceremony which will take place between July and August 2017 at a regional event to be confirmed.