Recognition of LACNIC
1) The region of coverage should meet the scale to be defined by ICANN, given the need to avoid global address fragmentation.
LACNIC will operate in a large geographical region of a continental size.
This region will be served by a RIR established under one management and in one operational location. The establishment of this unique RIR in our region clearly will avoid:
- Fragmentation of address space allocated to our region;
- Difficulty for coordination and operation between the RIR;
- Avoid confusion for the community within our region.
The internal administrative and membership structure of LACNIC will ensure that none of the above effects will result. (See Country List in ANNEX VII).
- Registration services
- Resources Transfer
- Return Resources
- Resource management
- Registration documents
- Revocation of resources
- RIPE Atlas in Latin America and the Caribbean