Capacity, patrimony and social resources
LACNIC is capable to acquire goods and contract obligations. Consequently it can operate with public and private banking and financial institutions.
The patrimony consists of the goods it currently possesses, and those it may acquire henceforth under any title, and of the resources it obtains from:
- the ordinary and extraordinary quotas paid by the members;
- the rents its goods produce;
- the donations, inheritances, bequeaths and subventions;
- the income it may obtain as a result of activities within the framework of its objectives;
- any other income it may legally obtain in concordance with the non-profit character of the institution.
The structure of the LACNIC includes the following elements:
- The Members: who hold the power in the institution;
- the Assembly, which is the sovereign organ of the institution;
- The Board of Directors, which manage and administer the institution;
- The Fiscal Commission; which controls the functioning of the institution and the actions of the Board;
- The Electoral Committee; which is in charge of the organization of elections;
- The Committees; which execute the diverse actions of the institution.
* Article modified at the Member Assembly held on May 29, 2008.