9th Network Security Event for Latin America and the Caribbean
May 4-9, 2014, Cancun, Mexico
The "9th Network Security Event for Latin America and the Caribbean" will be held in Cancun, Mexico, within the framework of LACNIC's eighteenth annual meeting (LACNIC XXI). This is a public call for presentations for that event.
The topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Honeypots, network monitoring and situational awareness tools in general.
- Fighting phishing and pharming
- Fighting malware
- Internet protocol security
- IPv6 security
- Security of network infrastructure services (DNS, NTP, etc.)
- Web security
- DoS/DDoS response and mitigation, botnets
- Authentication and access control
- Security in the cloud
- Critical infrastructure protection
- Mobile systems security
- Computer security incident response teams (CSIRTs): creation, management, experiences
- Security in corporate environments, compliance and auditing, return on information security investments
- Security management (procedures, operational logs, records, etc.)
- Risk management in Information Security
- Computer forensics
- Protection of privacy
- Legal aspects related to information security
Guidelines for Presenting Proposals
Proposals for the "9th Network Security Event for Latin America and the Caribbean" (LACSEC 2014) must be presented taking into account the following considerations:
The proposal should consist of a paper, or (alternatively) an Extended Abstract plus a draft version of the slides to be used during the presentation.
Proposals may be presented in English, Portuguese or Spanish.
Proposals must be submitted in Portable Document Format (PDF)
Submissions must be created directly using a word processing system (scanned articles will not be accepted)
Presentations may not be longer than 30 minutes.
Submitting a Proposal
Those interested in presenting at LACSEC 2014 must send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org within the deadlines set forth below:
- Full title of the presentation
- A paper or, alternatively, an Extended Abstract and a draft of theslides to be used during the presentation. The paper should not be longer than 10 pages. The extended abstract should not contain more than one thousand (1000) words. The Evaluation Committee may, at its sole discretion, request additional or complementary information.
- Full name, email address and organization with which the author (or authors) of the submission is affiliated
Note: Presentation proposals that do not follow the guidelines of this CFP will not be considered during the presentation selection process.
For more information, please do not hesitate to contact the Evaluation Committee at email@example.com.
The Evaluation Committee created for this purpose will evaluate proposals based on the following basic criteria:
- Technical quality
Authors whose proposals result accepted will receive:
- Return-flight to Cancun, Mexico (reimbursement of up to 1200 USD)
- Accommodation (up to three nights) at the conference venue
- Free registration to the LACNIC XXI event
- Deadline for proposal submission: March 31st, 2014
- Notification of acceptance: April 6th, 2014
- Deadline for submitting the final version the presentation: May 4th, 2014
"9th Network Security Event for Latin America and the Caribbean" (LACSEC 2014).
Fernando Gont (SI6 Networks/UTN-FRH, Argentina)
- Iván Arce (Fundación Sadosky, Argentina)
- Carlos A. Ayala Rocha (Arbor Networks, Mexico)
- Julio César Balderrama (Consultant, Argentina)
- Matthias Bethke (Zonarix S.A., Ecuador)
- Eduardo Carozo (ITC-Antel, Uruguay)
- Jeimy J. Cano M. (Fac. de Derecho, U. de los Andes, Colombia)
- Giovanni Cruz Forero (CSIETE, Colombia)
- Lorena Ferreyro (Consultant, Argentina)
- Javier Liendo (Cisco Mexico, Cisco)
- Carlos Martinez-Cagnazzo (LACNIC, Uruguay)
- Hernan Ochoa (Amplia Security, Argentina)
- James Pichardo (DO-CSIRT, Dominican Republic)
- Patricia Prandini (Posg. en Seg. Informática, UBA, Argentina)
- Javier Romero (JACKSECURITY, Peru)
- Rodrigo Rubira Branco (Intel, USA)
- Hugo Salgado (NIC Chile, Chile)
- Carlos Sarraute (Grandata Labs, Argentina)
- Arturo Servin (USA)
- Liliana V. Solha (CAIS/RNP, Brazil)
- Leonardo Vidal (ITC S.A. - ANTEL, Uruguay)