REGIONAL INTERCONNECTION FORUM – NAPLA 2014
May 4-9, 2014 – Cancun, Mexico
NAPLA, the Regional Interconnection Forum, is a discussion forum that includes an annual meeting held within the framework of LACNIC's main annual event.
The LACNIC 21 will be held in Cancun (Mexico), on 4-9 May, 2014, so we are calling the Internet community to submit proposals for presentations that could be included on the 2014 Regional Interconnection Forum's program.
The topics of interest for the event include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Internet Exchange Points (IXPs): services, public policies, multimedia peering, current status, future projects.
- Regional Connectivity: the role of governments, submarine and terrestrial cables, traffic measurements, current and future needs.
- Content Delivery Networks (CDNs): impact on local and regional traffic, peering policies, strategies and presence within the region.
- Cloud services: impact on local and regional traffic, availability, growth, future projects in the LAC region.
- Other critical infrastructure: DNS root servers, ccTLDs and gTLDs.
- Technical topics: best BGP routing practices, analysis of faults and attacks having major impacts on traffic.
- Current issues: impact on regional traffic of high-interest events (e.g., FIFA World Cups, etc.).
GUIDELINES FOR THE SUBMISSION OF PROPOSALS:
Proposals must comply with the following guidelines:
- Proposals must include a general summary and draft slides. The general abstract must not exceed one thousand (1000) words. The Evaluation Committee may, at its sole discretion, request additional information.
- Proposals may be submitted in English, Portuguese or Spanish.
- Proposals must be submitted in Portable Document Format (PDF).
- Scanned documents will not be accepted.
- Presentations may not be longer than 30 minutes.
Those interested in presenting a proposal should submit to email@example.com: a file containing the draft slides and the following information in the text of the message:
- Presentation title
- General summary
- Authors' details (full name, email address and company/organization they represent)
- Specify whether at least one of the authors can guarantee their attendance at the event, or whether this depends on the possibility of obtaining financial assistance from the event's organizers (see "Speaker Benefits").
The Evaluation Committee created for this purpose shall evaluate proposals based on the following basic criteria:
- Value of sharing the experience
- Technical quality
- Possibility of generalized application
- Importance of the development
The registration fee will be waived for those authors whose proposals are accepted and included in the program. However, speaker travel and accommodation expenses will not be covered.
Those requiring financial assistance to attend the event may apply for such assistance when LACNIC opens the corresponding application period. Please note that acceptance of a proposal does NOT imply that the author(s) will be granted financial assistance, although the submission of a proposal may be considered a plus during the recipient selection process.
For more information, please check out the Financial Assistance section on the event's website: (http://www.lacnic.net/web/eventos/lacnic21) or check with LACNIC staff at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for proposal reception:
Friday, 7 March 2014
Notification of acceptance:
Week of 17 March 2014
Deadline for submitting the final version of the presentation:
Friday, 25 April 2014