XII Latin American IPv6 Forum (FLIP6) and Latin American and Caribbean IPv6 Task Force Meeting
May 4-9, 2014 Cancun, Mexico
The Twelfth Latin American IPv6 Forum (FLIP6) and Latin American and Caribbean IPv6 Task Force meeting will be held within the framework of the LACNIC 21 event, for which we are now calling for presentations.
The topics of interest for the event revolve around IPv6 and include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Relevant deployments
- Transitioning services to IPv6
- Application programming
- IPv6 in residential networks
- Service trials
- Relevant measurements
- Major IPv6 related studies
- Deployment experiences
- Major Working Group experiences
- IP Control/Management/Addressing
- Deployment case studies
- IPv6 and MPLS
- IPv6 in DOCSIS/DSL
- IPv6 in satellite networks
- IPv6 and geolocalization
- Privacy and IPv6
- Financial and social aspects of IPv6
- IPv6 security in ISPs
- IPv6 security in enterprises
- IPv6 and mobility
- Routing protocols
- IPv6 as it relates to "Technologies and Governance for a Secure and Open Internet"
- Local IPv6 Task Force experiences (NEW)
- Other local experiences (universities, ISOC chapters, etc.)
Guidelines for presenting a proposal:
Those interested in presenting a proposal must submit the following information to comiteipv6 at lac.ipv6tf.org
Proposals for the XII Latin American and Caribbean IPv6 Forum (FLIP 2014) must be submitted taking
into account the following considerations:
- The proposal must consist of a paper (article) or an extended abstract plus, where possible, a draft of the presentation slides.
- Proposals may be submitted in English, Portuguese or Spanish.
- Proposals must be submitted in Portable Document Format (PDF).
- Submissions must be created directly using a word processing system (scanned articles will not be accepted).
- Presentations may not be longer than 30 minutes.
- Full name, email address and organization with which the author(s) of the submission is/are affiliated
- Specify whether at least one of the authors can guarantee their attendance at the event, or whether this depends on the possibility of obtaining financial assistance from the event's organizers (see "Speaker Benefits").
The Evaluation Committee specifically created for this purpose shall evaluate proposals based on the following basic criteria:
- Value of sharing the experience
- Technical quality
- Possibility of generalized application
- Importance of the development
The Evaluation Committee is made up as follows:
- Mariela Rocha (AR)
- Guillermo Cicileo (AR)
- Azael Fernandez (MX)
- Jordi Palet (ES)
- Antonio Moreiras (BR)
- Jorge Villa (CU)
- Nicolas Antoniello (UY)
- Carlos Martinez Cagnazzo (UY)
- Alejandro Acosta (VE)
The registration fee will be waived for those authors whose proposals are accepted and included in the program. However, speaker travel and accommodation expenses will not be covered.
Those requiring financial assistance (accommodation and/or transportation expenses) to attend the event must apply for such assistance when LACNIC opens the corresponding application period. Please note that acceptance of a proposal to be presented at FLIP6 does NOT imply that the author(s) will be granted financial assistance, although the submission of a proposal may be considered a plus during the recipient selection process.
- Deadline for proposal reception: Friday 7 March 2014
- Notification of acceptance: Week of 17 March 2014
- Deadline for submitting the final version of the presentation: Friday 25 April 2014
For more information, please don't hesitate to contact the Evaluation Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.