Financial Assistance Program
The period to apply for grants is over.
LACNIC and LACNOG will offer a limited number of partial financial assistance grants to members of the Internet community in Latin America and the Caribbean who are interested in attending the meeting LACNIC 20 - LACNOG 2013, to be held from 28 October to 1 November 2013, at the World Trade Center Curazao, in the city of Willemstad, Curazao.
Program Terms and Conditions
Random Beneficiary Selection
Before the selection process begins, three (3) applications will be randomly selected from among all participants meeting the minimum established requirements to receive partial financial support. The benefit assigned to each participant will be the one selected in the corresponding application form.
Applications not favoured in the draw will be processed according to the selection criteria detailed below. The financial assistance will include the following benefits:
Option 1 – Registration Fee and Accomodation
- Registration fee for all conference sessions, social events and lunches included for all event attendees. (If your organization is a member of LACNIC, registration fees, social events and lunches included in the event for 2 attendees from each member organization will be paid by LACNIC).
- Accomodation for one person in a single room near the venue, breakfast included, for up to a maximum of 6 nights.
Option 2 – Registration Fee and Air Fare
- Registration fee for all conference sessions, social events and lunches included for all event attendees. (If your organization is a member of LACNIC, registration fees, social events and lunches included for 2 attendees from each member organization will be paid by LACNIC).
- Return ticket from the applicant's place of residence to the city where the conference will take place. (Airport taxes and visa expenses will not be covered. Obtaining visas and complying with other requirements such as vaccinations will be the sole responsibility of each applicant)
Option 3 – Registration Fee (LOCAL APPLICANTS ONLY)
- Applicants residing in the same city where the conference will take place will be able to apply for a registration fee exemption. This option includes the registration fee for all conference sessions, social events and lunches included for all event attendees. (If your organization is a member of LACNIC, registration fees, social events and lunches included for 2 attendees from each member organization will be paid by LACNIC).
Selection criteria include the following aspects:
Applicants must be members of the Internet community of a country included in LACNIC's service area. (The list of LACNIC service area countries is available at: Coverage Area
Other aspects that will also be considered:
Having authored a policy proposal currently under discussion on LACNIC's policy mailing list and due to be presented at the Public Policy Forum during the event.
Having at least one contribution selected for presentation at LACNOG forum or being a presenter during any of the sessions
Reporting to an organization which is a member of LACNIC
Participating in any of the Working Group meetings
Role within the organization represented
As a general principle, the selection process wil try to achieve the broadest possible diversity in terms of community sectors (academia, service providers, civil society, governments, and private sector), gender, and nationality.
Priority will be given to people who have never received scholarship from LACNIC.
Because the available resources are limited, we can not guarantee financial aid for all aplicants.
Selected applicants will be contacted directly. The final list of beneficiaries will be published on the event's website once all selected participants have confirmed their acceptance.
Commitments expected from selected applicants
All selected applicants are expected to attend all sessions held during the conference.
How to apply
- If you have previously registered, you can log into the system using your email address and password
- If your organization is a LACNIC member and you are one of the registered contacts for the organization's address blocks, you can log in with the username and password that was assigned to you by the Hostmaster.
Applications will not be received after the deadline.
Selected applicants will be notified by September 3, 2013. The deadline for confirming acceptance is September 19, 2013. If no confirmation is received by the specified date, the aid will be offered to another applicant.
- Financial aid program application period opens: August 1, 2013
- Application reception period: August 1 – September 3, 2013
- Selection notification: September 12, 2012
- Confirmation of acceptance: September 19, 2013
For additional information please contact: email@example.com