Review Committee Members
JULIAN ESTEBAN LESCANO CAMERIERE (ESTEBAN LESCANO)
Defining the Review Committee (RC)
The provisions of the Service Level Agreement for the IANA Numbering Services provided to the Internet Number Community (SLA NRO) call for the creation of a Review Committee (RC) constituted by three representatives of each RIR.
This RC will comprise 15 members, three from each of the five RIRs, as follows:
- two community appointees from each RIR region (who must not be RIR staff or Members of the Board), and
- one RIR staff from the region.
Appointment of RC Members in the LACNIC Region
The three members representing the LACNIC region begin to serve their terms on 30 September 2016.
Ernesto Majó, LACNIC's Deputy CEO, occupies the position corresponding to LACNIC staff (two-year term).
Likewise, Nicolas Antoniello and Edmundo Cazares temporarily fill the two positions that must be elected by the community (two- and one-year terms, respectively).
Open elections will be held for the first time during the Public Policy Forum which will be held at the May 2017 event.
Elections to fill the position to be vacated by Edmundo Cazares will take place on that date. The elected candidate's term will begin on 1st January 2018 and end on 31st December 2019.
Elections to fill the position to be vacated by Nicolás Antoniello will be held in May 2018. The elected candidate's term will begin on 1st January 2019 and end on 31st December 2020.
Process for the Election of Community-Appointed RC Members.
The process to be used for the community elections which will be held beginning in 2017 is described below.
RC - Review Committee
This is an open call for the nomination of candidates to fill one (1) vacancy on the Review Committee (RC).
Candidate Nomination Process
- Any individual from the LACNIC region may be nominated in this process, as long as the following incompatibilities with the RC are observed:
- staff of any of the RIRs,
- members of the LACNIC Board, and
- individuals of the same nationality as any of the members who are already serving on the RC and have been elected by the LACNIC community.
Self-nominations are allowed.
In order to be accepted, candidates must declare they have knowledge of the Service Level Agreement (SLA) with the IANA Numbering Services Operator, as well as of the Number Community proposal for the IANA Functions Stewardship Transition.
If the deadline for candidate nominations expires and no candidates meeting all the requirements listed above have been nominated, an additional 15 calendar day nomination period will be announced and the entire election schedule will be postponed for 15 calendar days.
In the event that even after extending the nomination period there are still no candidates who meet the requirements above, the LACNIC Board shall appoint the RC member, taking into consideration the requirements defined for the position.
If only one candidate meets the requirements, holding the election will not be necessary, yet the LACNIC Board must ratify such candidate's appointment.
Should failure to perform their duties affect the RC's operation, the LACNIC Board may decide the removal of any member of the RC. The Board shall publish the reasons for the removal and shall appoint one or two temporary substitute members, as appropriate, within a maximum of two weeks. Temporary substitute members shall serve on the committee until the next election.
Should a member of the RC be elected to serve on the LACNIC Board, said member shall resign from the RC before taking office on the Board.
Call for nominations opens
Only candidates from the LACNIC region will be accepted. The deadline for submitting candidate nominations, accepting nominations and fulfilling the remaining requirements set forth below will expire on March 1 2017 at 23:59 UTC.
Candidate reception and validation period closes
Each candidacy must be backed by five statements of support, all of which must be submitted before closing time. Once the period for candidate nomination and reception of statements of support closes, the names of the candidates and their respective statements of support will be published on in our website.
22-26 May - LACNIC 27 Event
The election will be held during one of the Public Policy Forum sessions during the event.
- Anybody in the room at the time of voting may cast their vote.
- Each voter may check 1 candidate name on the ballot. Each check mark will represent one vote.
- Voting is anonymous.
- A three-member commission appointed during the Public Forum will be in charge of counting the votes. Candidates may not be a part of the Commission appointed to conduct the vote count.
- Once the votes have been counted, the candidate that received the highest number of votes will be announced and will serve as LACNIC representative for a period of one year starting on 1st January 2018 and ending on 31st December 2019.
IN CASE OF A TIE: In case of a tie between two or more candidates receiving the highest number of votes, the election will be decided by a runoff between such candidates only.
To nominate a candidate, the person submitting the nomination must write to email@example.com
This email must include the following information:
- Candidate's name:
- Country of residence:
- Name of the Organization:
- Email address:
- Postal address:
- Telephone number:
- Reasons for the nomination (specifically describe the candidate's professional experience that would make them well-suited to serve on the RC):
- Name of the person nominating the candidate:
- Email address:
To endorse a candidate, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
- This email must include the following information:
- Name of the candidate that is being endorsed:
- Name of the person making the endorsement:
- Email address: