Five Latin American and Caribbean initiatives will be recognized for their contribution to the development of the Internet in our region.
Montevideo, March 11.- FRIDA, the Regional Fund for Digital Innovation in Latin America and the Caribbean, announced the opening of its second 2014 call. The announcement was made today at the "Casa de Internet" for Latin America and the Caribbean.
The "Awards+" call for proposals seeks to recognize five outstanding proposals in the field of information and communication technology (ICT), with an emphasis on social inclusion and the region's economic, social and cultural development. This call for proposals also includes non-reimbursable funds to further or replicate the initiatives submitted by applying organizations.
Initiatives submitted must have achieved concrete and tangible results at the time of applying, said Lara Robledo, Institutional Cooperation Officer at LACNIC.
Besides the award (USD 3.000) the call includes additional funding (USD 6.000) to submit proposals for new activities related with the initiative under execution or replicate the initiative in different subregional contexts.
Initiatives may be submitted for the Awards+ under the following topics:
- Devices, Infrastructure and Technologies. Broadening and Accelerating ICT Adoption:
- Creating and Developing Skills and Content for Sustainable Human Development:
- Mobile Internet for Social Inclusion, Growth, Political Participation, and Active Citizenship:
- Internet for Promoting, Guaranteeing and Exercising Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms:
Applications will be received until 5 May.
More information, rules and conditions programafrida.net/awards
If you have any questions or doubts, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration services
- Resources Transfer
- Return Resources
- Resource management
- Registration documents
- Revocation of resources
- RIPE Atlas in Latin America and the Caribbean