LAC IPv6 TF/FLIP6 MODERATOR ELECTION
The moderator of the Latin America and the Caribbean IPv6 Task Force (LAC IPv6 TF) and the Latin American IPv6 Forum (FLIP6) shall have the following responsibilities:
- To moderate the list.
- To propose and request the proposal of topics for discussion.
- To prepare and coordinate the agendas for the face-to-face meetings of the LAC IPv6 TF and FLIP6 during LACNIC's annual meeting in coordination with LACNIC staff.
- If necessary, to organize additional remote meetings (videoconferences, VoIP, chat, etc.).
- To organize, with the support of LACNIC, a call for proposals for presentations at the face-to-face meeting.
- To coordinate the process for selecting presentations and presenters for the meeting.
- To moderate the annual LAC IPv6 TF and FLIP6 meeting.
- To prepare an annual report on the activities that have been carried out and present it at the annual face-to-face meeting.
- To prepare a brief report of the Forum immediately after finished to be delivered to LACNIC staff and published in the mailing list
About the election of the moderator:
- Moderator candidates must be members of the lactf at https://mail.lacnic.net/mailman/listinfo/lactf mailing list and belong to the region of Latin America and the Caribbean.
- The moderator shall be elected every two years. The elected candidate will be announced in the mailing list and or during the FLIP6 meeting in the framework of LACNIC's annual meeting in May. (Depending on the date of the election).
- The successful candidate shall begin moderating the list immediately.
- The election will be held through an electronic voting system offered by LACNIC's secretariat.
- The voters register will be made up by the members of the lactf at https://mail.lacnic.net/mailman/listinfo/lactf
- Each person interested in voting may cast only one vote.
- The winning candidate will be the one who obtains the highest number of votes. Alternately, if N candidates receive the same number of votes, a second voting round will be held where interested voters will cast only one vote and only N candidates will participate.
- Candidates may be self-nominated or nominated by third parties.
- In order to submit a nomination, the following information must be sent to the lactf athttps://mail.lacnic.net/mailman/listinfo/lactf:
- Candidate's name
- Candidate's e-mail address
- Name of the person presenting the nomination
- In case of third-party nominations, the candidate must state his/her acceptance of the nomination on the list.
- CV and optional additional information such as proposals or ideas to be implemented in case of being elected.
Because of their responsibility in administrating the election, LACNIC staff shall abstain from voting.
The election of the LAC IPv6 TF /FLIP6 Moderator will be conducted using an electronic voting system provided by LACNIC.