About LACNIC Fiscal Commission and its electoral process
According to LACNIC's Bylaws, LACNIC Fiscal Commission consists of three members.
Powers and responsibilities
The same responsibilities and tasks that are found in article 20 correspond to the three members.
Mandates and incompatibilities (article 20):
- Members of the Fiscal Commission shall serve a three-year term of office
- And one member shall be renewed each year
- Members of the Fiscal Commission shall be eligible for reelection as long as they continue to meet eligibility criteria.
- Not more than one member may be citizen of the same country or territory in the region
- Not more than one member of the Fiscal Commission may have employment, consultancy or advisory relationships with the same Company or Organization and/or with one of its Related Companies, whether established in the same country or not
Fiscal Commission Meetings
The Fiscal Commission meets twice a year. In Montevideo, where the LACNIC headquarters are located, and after that trip they meet again during the May event for the Members Assembly.
Code of Conduct
Like the staff of LACNIC, the Fiscal Commission is ruled by our Code of Conduct.
Who can be nominated and how?
- Citizens of the countries or territories of the LACNIC coverage region that comply with the stipulations of article 20.
- Being nominated by a member organization's membership contact: Active A or Founding Member
- The organization presenting the nomination must be current with their membership fees
- Nominees may or may not belong to the organization submitting their nomination (self nominations are allowed)
- Members have the right to nominate one candidate for each seat to be filled
Who can vote and how?
- Member organization's: Active A or Founding Member
- No outstanding balance on their account statement as of the date of voters registry
- Voting is conducted electronically on LACNIC's elections system - article 25
- The scale of votes goes from the value 1 to 11 depending on the member category (according to address space assigned) - article 19
- Each member organization has a designated representative (their membership contact) who has the right to vote on behalf of the organization he or she represents. Who will receive an email with the organization's voting link.
- The membership contact's name and email address must be on file with LACNIC. The accuracy of this information is solely the member's responsibility; LACNIC will in no way be responsible for updating this information.