LACNIC's Training Center announces that registration for the "Advanced IPv6 Course, 2nd 2016 edition" is now open. This e-learning course has a duration of six weeks and will be offered via LACNIC's Online Campus.
The course is set to begin on 20 July and will end on 31 August. It will be provided in Spanish.
The Advanced IPv6 course has been designed for those who need to further their knowledge of IPv6 theory and practice. Because this course builds on LACNIC's Basic IPv6 course, we recommend that participants first complete the basic course.
The goals of the course are that participants will:
· Further their understanding of the theory behind the IPv6 protocol and acquire the practical skills needed to configure the protocol in various environments.
· Understand the general structure of an IPv6 deployment plan.
· Understand IPv6 related aspects of static and dynamic routing.
· Gain a general understanding of how to configure services over IPv6, with an emphasis on concrete examples.
· Understand various aspects relating managing and monitoring IPv6 networks and their security.
· Acquire hands-on knowledge of IP address management (IPAM) and subnetting tools in IPv6, static and dynamic routing (OSPF and BGP), configuring services (DNS and Web), and IPv6 monitoring (Smokeping).
A maximum of 60 participants will be accepted:
Registration will remain open until 20 July, inclusive.
After completing the course, participants must pass a final test that will allow them to obtain their course certificate.
If you have not already done so, you must first Register and then sign up for the course.
For more information, please visit http://campus.lacnic.net