Lifetime Achievement Award
2018 Lifetime Achievement Award: Call for Nominations Is Now Open
LACNIC announces its call for the nomination of candidates to the 2018 Lifetime Achievement Award. Nominations will be accepted until Monday, 12 March 2018.
The Lifetime Achievement Award seeks to honor regional leaders who have made a continued contribution to the growth of an open, stable and secure Internet for the development of Latin America and the Caribbean.
Contributions relating to Internet governance, the promotion of the collaborative Internet model, the development of technical capabilities, encouraging the use and development of Internet standards, and promoting of the digital economy in Latin America and the Caribbean will be considered particularly relevant.
The Lifetime Achievement Award was created in 2009 by the LACNIC Board to honor individuals whose achievements have had a significant impact on Internet development and have set an example for the rest of the community. Since its first edition in 2009, the Award has been presented to 19 leaders from 13 different countries throughout the LAC region.
This year, Ida Holz, Rodrigo de la Parra, Rafael Ibarra, Ben Petrazzini, Carolina Aguerre, Selby Wilson, and Jesús Martinez will serve as jurors for the Lifetime Achievement Award.
Nomination Terms and Conditions
- Nominations must be submitted by completing the form available on the online nominations platform: http://trayectoria.lacnic.net/?lang=en
- Regardless of their nationality, any person who has made relevant contributions to the development of an open, stable and secure Internet in Latin America and the Caribbean may be nominated. Among others, such contributions may have been in the form of private initiatives, working with civil society, defining or affecting the definition of public policies, academic work and research, the creation of communities, or supporting the development of infrastructure and technological developments.
- LACNIC employees, members of the LACNIC Board, and jurors for the 2018 Lifetime Achievement Award are not eligible to receive the Award.
- Self-nominations are not allowed.
- To participate, please complete the online nomination form with the candidate's personal information, their experience working in the Internet field, references, and other relevant data. Jurors may request additional information if they find it necessary to properly assess each nomination.
- The call for nominations will be open from Wednesday, 14 February to Monday, 12 March 2018. Nominations will not be accepted past this deadline.
- The winner will receive a trophy and will be invited to participate in the awards ceremony which is set to take place during LACNIC30 - LACNOG 2018, to be held on 24-28 September.
How to Submit a Nomination
To submit a nomination, please complete the online form available at the following link: http://trayectoria.lacnic.net/?lang=en
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.